Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Response to Cultural Revolution

In regards to my previous post on the disappearance of print. My position has not changed as much has been a bit broadened and enlightened by the publication "Cultural Revolution". I never realized just how prevalent and how intense the "revolution" of the silver disc and how print is really in danger. Creating and authoring media is a powerful tool with children. It motivates them to be more creative and excites them to learn more about what they are studying and the media involved in the lesson. However, I don't believe that it will ever disappear altogether because of old folks like me that enjoy the smell of old leather binders and dusty book halls. Also, in my classroom, now and in the time I will teach, in early elementary classes it will not be able to disappear altogether because of the learning process for children of writing, phonics, and spelling lessons but it will come to pass slowly as the use of computers already exists. In the class room integrating media with the use of books is additonal benefits for students in that they can look, touch, feel, create and author media of there own.

No comments: